Removing "unstable" package sets

Hi,

I hope this is the appropriate mailing list, please correct me if it is not.

I recently, rather unthinkingly, added an "unstable" set to my apt sources list. The next time I ran dpkg it of course found a heap of "upgrades" and proceeded to update my system with a large bunch of unstable packages.

Luckily, thus far, the packages have caused no problem at all.

In the interests of reducing the likelyhood of something nasty going on in the future can anyone recommend a means of "undoing" this mistake?

Will simply removing the "unstable" entry from /etc/apt/sources.list cause a rollback of the updated packages, is there some command I can run that will do it, or am I simply in for lots of pain and suffering and one-at-a-time stuff?

Cheers,
James.

--
Stock Software Pty Ltd