Re: Problem with Downgrade of dpkg

Previously Dieter Tremel wrote:
> This means:
>  a) I have to stay with testing or reinstall the whole system
>  b) Smarter: I can hold dpkg and dselect from testing and downgrade all
>     the other packages with /etc/apt/preferences
> right?

Basically it means you can either:

* try to downgrade the system yourself, but if things break you get to
  keep the pieces. Downgrading is not a supported procedure for dpkg or
  any Debian package, or

* keep your system on testing and enjoy the ride

If you go for the first option I'll give you a hint though: install
an old dpkg manually using --force-overwrite and then remove the dselect
package.

Wichert.

 /wichert@wiggy.net         This space intentionally left occupied \
| wichert@deephackmode.org                    http://www.wiggy.net/ |