Re: Call for Translations

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 12:19:49AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> dpkg 1.10 is getting very close to release.  Wichert and I are planning on
> uploading it very soon after woody is released as stable.
>
> I am still doing some fixes, both to the code(which will shift lines around),
> and possible other documentation fixes(as are filed in the bts).  I suggest
> all translators start working at updating their files.
>
> Also, Wichert and I have discussed dropping fuzzy translations.  Either by
> removing fuzzy translations from the file, or possibly failing the build.  So,
> please keep this in mind.

what do you mean by that ? gettext already do that. I mean, fuzzy
translations are never added to the mo file... Why do you want to remove
them from the source file ? They may be usefull for the translator, and
don't disturb the user...

Or do you mean to remove completely languages for which the translation is
not  100% (which would be even worse, imho).

> For those that have write access to cvs, you can check in yourself.  For those
> that don't, send the updated files to either me, or to Wichert.

I'll update the file today. But I'd like to ask for a proofread on the
french translator ML. When do I have to send my version if I want it to get
included ?

> Also, I would like to get updated email addresses for each translator/team.
> It would help if translators subscribed to this list
> (debian-dpkg@lists.debian.org), so that they can be kept up to date of events
> that happen for dpkg.

I am on the list, and this address is ok.

thanks, Mt.