Re: RFC: shorten translatable messages, eliminate fuzzy, and more

Previously Adam Heath wrote:
> Well, that is not a fully correct viewpoint either.  The code should see if
> all parts are available in the target locale, and only if they are, use them.
> Otherwise, all parts should fall back on some default.

That would mean diving into gettext internals, which will probably differ
per OS. Not something I'ld like to do.

> Are we sure that ALL error messages aren't translated?  As someone walked the
> code?  I know how easy it is to cut-n-waste lines, and not understand that it
> is an error condition that is being printed(I have done it before).

I've walked through the code once or twice back when we added gettext
support.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |