Re: dpkg 1.9.4 depentry <=4 ... ?

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 02:50:30AM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Gordon Sadler wrote:
> > This one worries me a bit. By fixed, do you mean dpkg will halt on
> > maintainer script errors?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Reason I ask, I looked through this postinst,
> > I can't seem to find anything wrong with it, specifically I don't recall
> > seeing any backquotes, just some HERE documents. It does use some $VAR's
> > inside the HERE docs, but.. is that the problem?
>
> I have no idea why that postinst breaks on your system, I definitely
> tested it before I uploaded that modutils package.

I ran the postinst by hand later. No errors, no problems. So hopefully
it was some kind of interaction with a bug in dpkg that causes the
syntax error, unexpected EOF.

After noticing the effect deity and deity-gtk was causing, see my other
post this thread, I removed them and the bug in dpkg is gone for now...
I can use it to install/uninstall, just not those two packages.

Gordon Sadler