RE: New field proposed, UUID

The "easy" answer to that is that the version should automatically get
bumped for user builds much like the kernel compile # is for Linux.  The
maintainers, when generating an "official" version, can specify the exact
version when they compile the package, but it should automatically increment
for user builds.  Possibly not the "main" version number, but a sub-version
number or equivalent.

Fred Reimer
Eclipsys Corporation