Re: I18n of Packages files

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 07:08:03AM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:
> Michael Bramer wrote:
> >       -	all tools has the translated descriptions (apt, dselect,
> > 	gnome-apt, ...), because the /var/cache/apt/pkgcache.bin
> > 	and the /var/lib/dpkg/available files are translatet
>
> I doubt the status files would be though, and this only works if you use
> apt.

1.) all use apt
2.) dselect use apt since potato (with slink on user request)
3.) I *believe* apt, dselect and co get all the descritions
    from /var/state/apt/lists/* or the /var/lib/dpkg/available
    files.
4.) only the dpkg tool don't have the translated descriptions (dpkg get
    the descriptions from the deb-file and with my solution, in the
    file is only the english version)
5.) a dpkg untranslated descriptions is not a big problem, dpkg is not
    for novices (in the first place).

Gruss
Grisu
"Man soll alles so einfach wie möglich machen, aber nicht einfacher."
                                               -- Albert Einstein