REQ: dpkg development documentation
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: REQ: dpkg development documentation
- From: "John Anthony Kazos Jr." <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 17:57:24 -0500 (EST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.4.21.0006241751520.438-100000@jkazos>
I wish to work with the dpkg system (potato/1.6.14) on an up-close-and-personal
level. Especially, I wish to work with /var/lib/dpkg and related files. I have
the source for dpkg, but I find it most unreadable. The man-pages describe the
usage of the programs, not the usage of the files those programs use.
Please, point me toward the development documentation and official
specifications for the dpkg system.