Re: New XML-based package description file format?

Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> None. If you wait until I add one based on an already existing XML
> definition the chances are much better :). I'll probably write
> a dpkg-scanpackages to do that this week, it's very high on my
> TODO-list.

What would converting the Packages files to XML gain us? What data do
you wish to add that cannot be added to the current RFC-822 format?

You know, I use XML all the time. For what it was designed for. Ie,
writing structured documents. I think you should read
http://www.interlog.com/~gray/markup-abuse.html

--
see shy jo