Removing/disableing installed package manually

How can an installed package be removed/disabled manually?

I have a package (syslog-ng) which neither can't be removed, unpacked,
installed nor configured with dpkg (see bug #62229). I have tried almost
any possibility, any force option with dpkg without any success. Since
dselect stops configuring after encounter of this package (even when set
on hold) I'm stuck with about 100 packages which can't be upgraded. So
I'm in desparate need to do anything manually to solve this situation if
I don't want to start from scratch.

Could there be added a force option "--force-removed-state" to
dpkg, which does mark a package as removed regardless of _any_ error. Of
course this leaves the package itself in a bad state.

O. Wyss