Re: Less interactive upgrades.

(moved from -devel,  as it's probably more relevant to this list.)

> > I've had the same thought, but not enough time to begin such a >
> project.  I wonder if there would be some way to integrate this with
> the existing > debconf system -- if it uses the same interface, etc.,
> end-users will be > much happier.
>
>     You don't really need to integrate anything with debconf to get
> the effect you want.  What you need to do is to NOT set the file in
> question as a conffile and then handle its replacement inside of the
> debconf config.

I think that one of the major strong points of Debian is dpkg, and its
stability.  The idea of removing functionality from dpkg and putting it
into something else is a little disturbing, although I guess this is what
Debconf has already done.

                     					Will

|   harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org lowe@asel.udel.edu  |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |