Re: dpkg for FreeBSD

Previously Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> I'm afraid dpkg 1.4.1 is stable version and couldn't be modified.

What do you mean, couldn't be modified? If you mean you couldn't commit
changes into the CVS you're right. Only a few people have access to
that.

> Should I take experimental dpkg 1.5.1?

No.

> I think the dpkg as standalone program should be portable to system without
> GNU utils (like mv, xargs). Of course GNU make is required, but it could be
> easly resolved by /usr/bin/dpkg-make symlink.

It will always require GNU utils such as autoconf, gettext, make, etc.
I also don't see what you would gain with a dpkg-make symlink.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |