Re: [IMPORTANT BUG] dpkg does not compile because of makeinfo call (Was: sgml-tools: creates invalid texinfo files

Hi,

I've looked into this problem last night and with the current setup of
things it's not solvable.  The problem is that i.s.o. (as an example)

@chapter Foo

we should have

@node Foo
@chapter Foo

We would have to change sgmlsasp to get this and that isn't an option.
Using `makeinfo --force` is acceptable for the short term I guess, but
definitely not a final solution.

My proposal for a final solution is to convert internals.sgml to
debiandoc-sgml.  I did this as a trial last night and it's now for
and <tt>s which need to be refined).  This also needs some changes
in the doc/Makefile, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks,
Ardo

PS I'm not subscribed to debian-dpkg so please CC me.