Re: `forwarded' status of dpkg bugs - please don't !

Ian Jackson writes ("`forwarded' status of dpkg bugs - please don't !"):
> I've just started incorporating bugfixes (or my versions of them) from
> the NMU series into dpkg proper.
>
> I'm going to abuse the BTS, by recording whether I've incorporated a
> particular bugfix, or intend not to before I release a non-NMU-based
> version, by the use of the `forwarded' flag.
>
> So, I hereby declare that nobody but me personally is to mark a bug
> against dpkg or dpkg-dev as forwarded.  If you do so and I don't
> notice then the bug will reappear in a future non-NMU dpkg version.
>
> I have just unforwarded the one bug which was currently marked as
> forwarded.

I forgot to say: please do continue to mark bugs as `fixed' if they
are a real bug for which a change has been made in the NMU series.
I'm going to process all those bugs first, and when I'm done I'll
probably release a non-NMU-derived dpkg into unstable.

Ian.