Re: Dpkg fails to install certain packages

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Ian Jackson wrote:
> No, this is the SIGPIPE set to SIG_IGN bug.  It is not a bug in dpkg.
> How was dpkg invoked ?

Apparently it's Eterm's fault.

Sorry for spamming the list with an eterm problem..

Anyway, I have confirmed it to be exactly that, by writing a small
wrapper:

sigpipewrapper.c
----------------

#include <signal.h>

main (int argc,char **argv) {

  if (argc < 2) {
    printf("Usage: %s '<command>'\n",argv[0]);
  }

  signal(SIGPIPE,SIG_DFL);

  system(argv[1]);
}

It's far from clear to me why it effects some Eterms and not others, but I
shall check the Eterm source and file an appropriate bug upstream.

Jules