Re: Dpkg fails to install certain packages

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Jules Bean wrote:
> It's far from clear to me why it effects some Eterms and not others, but I
> shall check the Eterm source and file an appropriate bug upstream.

(obviously I meant 'affects' above ;-)

Well, I've looked in the Eterm code, and I've added a

signal(SIGPIPE,SIG_DFL) at what appears to be the appropriate point.
However, I'm confused.  As far as I can see, SIGPIPE is simply not
mentioned anywhere in any eterm source file, save once in a routine which
is designed to convert a signal number to a string.

How could SIGPIPE be getting disabled in the first place, then?

Jules