Re: Source-Depends implementation

Ben Collins <bmc@visi.net> writes:

> > > This doesn't solve necessary binaries used in the make and build
> > > process does it?
> >
> > Yes it does, as those are added by hand.
>
> That does little more than what we do now...and not everyone who
> wants this feature, wants to do manual adding, otherwise they
> wouldn't need it any way.

a) If you bothered to look at what the automatic src-dep generator
produces, your claim that it `does little more than what we do now' is
verifiably silly.

b) manual adding _is_ still a major bonus, because it's `add once and
it'll be checked automatically for all future builds'.

c) You *can not* avoid manual additions for any sane and proper system
of source dependencies.  But in the rush to implement, something,
anything (a hack, if you will), people don't seem to care about the
details.

> That's an impressive number, but it still has nothing to do with
> this.

What like constraints have nothing to do with source dependencies?

Uh, no, it has quite a lot to do with this, and if you didn't want it
mentioned, you shouldn't have brought it up in the first place (you
mentioned buildd, not me).

--
James