Re: Source-Depends implementation

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 07:25:37PM +0000, James Troup wrote:
> Ben Collins <bmc@visi.net> writes:
>
> > People have been asking for it, so here it is if any one wants to
> > write the policy for using it.
>
> Write policy around a `little hack' (your words)?  Hmm.

Not sure i what the size of the change has to do with it deserving
policy. Extend "policy" to be the Developers Reference. Happy?

> > There is no versioning of the Source-Depends either since I didn't
> > think it would be necessary.
>
> You're wrong, they're very necessary.

Examples please.

> > All it does is included the Source-Depends field into the .dsc file.
> > This can later be used by apt or dbuild/buildd to verify that all
> > needed packages are installed for building.
>
> sbuild already does this...  (with it's own source dependencies
> generated from the dependencies of the binary package(s) of the source
> package and manually added source dependencies).

This doesn't solve necessary binaries used in the make and build
process does it? And it doesn't help anyone else out...it's useless
outside of that one program.

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org