Re: Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1

Brian White writes ("Removing Packages in Slink for Debian 2.1"):
> Okay, everybody...  It's that time again.  I've gone through the bug logs
> and made my list of packages to keep/remove should they still have
> release-critical (i.e. critical, grave, or important) bugs at ship time.
>
> The following bugs are for packages I don't think we can ship 2.1 without:

> dpkg               1797  upgrade/downgrade dependency calculation problem [1075]  (Klee Dienes and Ian Jackson <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>)

I'd like you to take that bug (1797) off your list again.  It's less
critical now than it was for the hamm upgrade, and it's still just as
hard to fix.

> dpkg              17624  dpkg: installs regular dir when .deb contains symlink ! [257]  (Klee Dienes and Ian Jackson <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>)
> dpkg              20401  Problems updating bo -&gt; hamm [198]  (Klee Dienes and Ian Jackson <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>)
> dpkg              21182  dpkg: dpkg can go into an infinite loop with --force-configure-any [181]  (Klee Dienes and Ian Jackson <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>)

These bugs should be fixed.  (I'll reset the severity of 20401 to
important.)  I plan to do this before the end of the freeze.

> dpkg              26880  dpkg: Creating XF86Config during install freezes VT [23]  (Klee Dienes and Ian Jackson <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>)

This is an X bug, I think.  I'll reassign it.

> dpkg-dev          25405  xpm: builds libc5 package on powerpc [70]  (Klee Dienes and Ian Jackson <dpkg-maint@chiark.greenend.org.uk>)

This bug should not be important.

Ian.