Possibility of a command list

Hi,

For some time we have been discussing the possibility of patching dpkg to
support a list of commands for use with Deity. The idea would be that
Deity could invoke dpkg as,
   dpkg unpack 1.deb upack 2.deb configure 1 configure 2 remove 3 {.. etc}

This would eliminate the very high startup time that dpkg has (reading
files database).

The other option we have is for deity to just do what pkg-order does and
invoke dpkg as many times as necessary :<

Is it possible to implement something like this?

Thanks,
Jason