Intention to do a(nother) NMU of dpkg
[ Cross-posted to devel and dpkg, followups set to dpkg, please obey
the reply-to ]
After working on dpkg last night for the manic hamm beta episode, I
noticed there was lots of other stuff that even I could fix; so I
have. If no one objects I plan to upload this NMU for slink RSN.
Barring disasters from this NMU, premature release of my exam results
or any objections, I'll try and do some more NMUs which fix things
like the build issues, UTMP warnings, $LANG issues and
For now, they're available from either
or ~troup/dpkg/ on master (for those that side of the pond). I've
tested it as much as I can, and roped a couple more on IRC into
testing it, all without problems. The changes are all minor, so I
think it should be safe.
dpkg (188.8.131.52) unstable; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload.
* dpkg/main.c: Turn --force-overwrite off as default.
* dpkg/main.c: don't list --force-overwrite as default in --force-help,
noticed by Peter Weiss <Peter.Weiss@Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> and
others. [#23542, part of #17409].
* dpkg/dpkg.8: replaced with a newer version from Jim Van Zandt
* dpkg-deb/build.c (do_build): add missing \n and improve error message
when conffile name is too long. [#7057]
* scripts/update-alternatives.8: replaced with better man page from
Charles Briscoe-Smith <email@example.com>. [#17283]
* scripts/dpkg-source.1: corrected logic error in documentation for
dpkg-gencontrol's -p option, as noticed by Oliver Elphick
* scripts/controllib.pl (findarch): correct typo in error message,
noticed by Yann Dirson <firstname.lastname@example.org>. [#22106]
* scripts/dpkg-buildpackage.sh: fix typo s/source version/source
maintainer/, noticed by Joey Hess <email@example.com>, Adam P. Harris
<firstname.lastname@example.org> and others. [#10175, #15559]
* scripts/dpkg-genchanges.pl: applied patch from Roman Hodek
<Roman.Hodek@informatik.uni-erlangen.de> which solves problems with
architecture specific packages in mostly architecture independent
multi-binary source packages. [#14341, #20192].
* doc/Makefile.am: remove any reference to the packaging manual, as it is
now provided by the separate "packaging-manual" package.
* doc/packaging.sgml: removed.
* doc/developer-keys.pgp: updated to the current debian keyring.
* aclocal.m4: applied patch from Joel Klecker <email@example.com> to handle
egcs' --print-libgcc-file-name output. [#20353]
* debian/copyright: correct FSF address.
* debian/rules: add code from lesstif's debian/rules to make libtool
less of a fool (i.e. not use -rpath and to link shared libraries
against libraries it depends on). Code by Richard Braakman
<firstname.lastname@example.org> and Yann Dirson <email@example.com>.
* debian/rules: remove all reference to the packaging manual as it is
now provided by the seperate "packaging-manual" package. [#21581,
#21186, #22698, #23342]
* debian/rules: link dpkg-divert.1.gz to undocumented.7.gz as the lack
of a real manpage has been reported in #11093.
* debian/README.compile: removed gawk and bogus comment about gettext
being in experimental, as reported by Santiago Vila <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[#23344]. Added libpaperg (debiandoc2ps needs paperconf).
* debian/shlibs.default.i386: updated for glibc, reported by Herbert Xu
* debian/control (dpkg-dev): depend on perl as POSIX (not a part of
perl-base) is needed by most of the perl dpkg-* scripts, noticed by
Joel Klecker <email@example.com>. [#22115]
-- James Troup <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 24 Jun 1998 14:38:52 +0200
~Yawn And Walk North~ http://yawn.nocrew.org/
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org