Re: release notes mentioning dropped support?

Paul Gevers wrote:
> +    <section id="no-longer-supported-hardware">
> +      <title>Hardware that's no longer supported</title>

The contraction "that's" seems out of place in a title - probably we
should just use:

         <title>No longer supported hardware</title>

> +      <para>
> +	Due to hardware limitations, it's no longer viable for Debian
> +	to build the <literal>Linux</literal> kernel supporting a
> +	number of armel based devices that were supported in
> +	buster. The unsupported devices are:

This sounds as if it's talking about one kernel supporting multiple
armel-based devices; if it means one kernel per device, that's plural.

  	Due to hardware limitations, it's no longer viable for Debian
	to build the <literal>Linux</literal> kernels supporting a
	number of armel-based devices that were supported in
	buster. The unsupported devices are:

Or maybe:

	For a number of armel-based devices that were supported in
	buster, it is no longer viable for Debian to build the
	required <literal>Linux</literal> kernels, due to hardware
	limitations. The unsupported devices are:

> +      </para>
> +      <itemizedlist>
> +	<listitem>
> +	  <para>
> +	    QNAP TS-109/TS-209, TS-119/TS-219 and TS-409
> +	  </para>
> +	</listitem>
> +	<listitem>
> +	  <para>
> +	    HP Media Vault mv2120
> +	  </para>
> +	</listitem>
> +      </itemizedlist>
> +      <para>
> +	Users of those platforms that wish to upgrade to bullseye
> +	nevertheless should keep the buster APT sources enabled and,
> +	before upgrading, add an APT preferences file containing
> +	something like:

	Users of these platforms who wish to upgrade to bullseye
        nevertheless should keep the buster APT sources enabled, and
	before upgrading should add an APT preferences file containing
	something like:

(Or maybe as two sentences, "Before upgrading they should...")

> +	<programlisting>
> +Package: linux-image-marvell
> +Pin: release a=buster
> +Pin-Priority: 900
> +	</programlisting>
> +	Obviously, the security support for this configuration will
> +	end with the End Of Life of buster.

	Obviously, the security support for this configuration will
	only last until buster's End Of Life.