Conversion of debian-history to Docbook

Hi,

some months ago, there has been the conversion to Docbook 4.5.
Now I notice that translations are in a very bad shape. :-(((

Looking at German for example, that was 100% translated before the conversion,
and now I have 274 translated, 1 fuzzy, and 52 untranslated. While many of
the untranslated strings are rather long.

Additionally to that, I noticed that copyright hints from the old files were
completely wiped out.

This all is very bad!!!

Why not do this better?
When I take the German po file from just before the conversion, insert it into
the current project and run "make po", I get a file with status
184 translated, 134 fuzzy, and 9 untranslated.
So many fuzzies, but the changings are simply one of the following four cases:

	<em>	-> 	<emphasis>
	<prg> 	->	<command>

	<ulink url="http://www.debian.org/social_contract";>Debian Social Contract</ulink>
	->
	<url id="http://www.debian.org/social_contract"; name="Debian Social Contract">

	insert of additional spaces

Many of this can be done by simple find-and-replace.

So that does not justify to wipe away so much translated content IMHO!

Maybe I'm missing something, but if noone objects shortly, I will do the above
for all translations and commit the result into git.
Will see how it goes, maybe I will also do some unfuzzying, to get translations
back to as good as possible.

Holger

--
Holger Wansing <hwansing@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508  3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076