Re: X Resources for emacs

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:14:19AM +0200, Joost van Baal-Ilić wrote:

> The discussion ideally takes place on the
> debian-user list.

Your email, and action, are most unpleasant. "Ideally" you might
think about leaving people alone to follow their fate as best
they can. Normally, in a case such as yours, that is exactly
what I would be trying to do, but since you appear to be quite
impulsive and therefore potentially dangerous to others,
something must be said.

> Cc-ed.

Totally unacceptable. Did it dawn on you to ask me about such a
step as cc'ing my note to debian-users? Did you suppose that
perhaps I realized that is where "ideally" I should have placed
my inquiry, but that I was prevented from doing so by the
intercession of magical forces aligned against me? Is that what
you think?

On the other hand, did you pause even for moment to consider,
"Perhaps Mr. Bernstein would rather not post to debian-user?"
Somehow I doubt that. (Whether or not that consideration is true
is none of your business.)

I am working very hard to stay away from any ad hominem
discourse. I'll keep it "about me." In well over twenty years (I
believe) posting to various debian lists, including debian-doc,
debian-user, and others, I cannot recall someone with
'.debian.org' email domain taking it on himself to move my mail
to another list without so much as a "Hi How do you do?"

You typify why the European Union is approaching its death
throes. (Okay, I failed to steer clear of ad hominem. Firing
squad at dawn?)

--
What can be asserted without evidence can be
dismissed without evidence.