Info request on how documentation is built for the website - FAQ example

Hi all,

Since I work a lot on translations I would like to understand more how
the built system works to get the documentation from its sources in the
ddp repo to the webpages.

There are some things that I still can not understand. One very
stupid/simple example, using the Debian FAQ is this.
The sgml file is updated and correct (decision vs. decission).
The pot file is correct.
Both Italian and German translation are 100% completed in the po file.

But then you get this 3 pages:

English one with the mistake still present (last line of the question)
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-ftparchives.en.html#s-codenames

German one with no sign at all of the sentence, and without some of the
codenames (no orgiginal version shown in their place)
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-ftparchives.de.html#s-sourceforcodenames

Italian page with the sentence (with the mistake) and other codenames in
the original untranslated version.
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-ftparchives.it.html#s-sourceforcodenames

The mistake was fixed in the repo the 15th of April.

In the past I had to try to understand part of this mechanism to try to
validate my translations or to move a translation from sgml to po, or
just for curiosity and to be able to be more involved in the process.

I imagine the top-level Makefile in the svn ddp repo gets called and
then the 7doc script in cron/parts of the debwww git repo should somehow
publish the doc online. But then what is going wrong here? Or am I
missing something obvious? (It might very well be because my
understanding of those scripts is very limited).

So I would be grateful if someone can explain me this, or point me to
some info, even if maybe it would be obvious for many of you.

Thanks,

beatrice