Re: Debian GNU/Linux refcard partially obsolete

On Sun, 01 Nov 2015 01:10:01 +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> On 2015-11-01 00:11, Raphaël Bazaud wrote:
>> the way to start/stop daemons is referencing the scripts in /etc/init.d
>> whereas Debian has «switched to» systemd so the new way of doing things
>> is rather something like systemctl cmd service with cmd ∈ {start, stop,
>> status, kill, … }.
>> or systemcl [suspend|poweroff|reboot]
>
> You are right, Debian the refcard needs love desperately. Please, file a
> bug report against the debian-refcard package.
> Maybe even with a patch? Thanks in advance!

Hi! I've just sent a bug report. I have not yet received a bug number &
suspect I have misconfigured reportbug on my end, so will include my
patch here FWIW.

Sorry about the mix-up. When / if the bugreport shows up, the transform
problem I mention in it turned out to be due to me using the wrong XSL
file.

196c196,208
<       <glossentry id="restart">
---
>       <glossentry id="service-restart">
> 	<glossterm><command>service<replaceable>file</replaceable></
command>
> 	restart</glossterm>
> 	<glossdef><para>Restart a service, system
> 	daemon.</para></glossdef>
>       </glossentry>
>       <glossentry id="systemd-restart">
replaceable>
> 	restart</glossterm>
> 	<glossdef><para>Restart a service, system
> 	daemon.</para></glossdef>
>       </glossentry>
>       <glossentry id="sysvinit-restart">
202c214,226
<       <glossentry id="stop">
---
>       <glossentry id="service-stop">
> 	<glossterm><command>service<replaceable>file</replaceable></
command>
> 	stop</glossterm>
> 	<glossdef><para>Stop a service, system
> 	daemon.</para></glossdef>
>       </glossentry>
>       <glossentry id="systemd-stop">
> 	<glossterm><command>systemctl stop<replaceable>file</
replaceable></command>
> 	stop</glossterm>
> 	<glossdef><para>Stop a service, system
> 	daemon.</para></glossdef>
>       </glossentry>
>       <glossentry id="sysvinit-stop">
208c232,244
<       <glossentry id="start">
---
>       <glossentry id="service-start">
> 	<glossterm><command>service<replaceable>file</replaceable></
command>
> 	start</glossterm>
> 	<glossdef><para>Start a service, system
> 	daemon.</para></glossdef>
>       </glossentry>
>       <glossentry id="systemd-start">
> 	<glossterm><command>systemctl start<replaceable>file</
replaceable></command>
> 	start</glossterm>
> 	<glossdef><para>Start a service, system
> 	daemon.</para></glossdef>
>       </glossentry>
>       <glossentry id="sysvinit-start">
219c255
<       <glossentry id="var-log">
---
>       <glossentry id="sysvinit-var-log">
222a259,262
>       </glossentry>
>       <glossentry id="journalctl">
> 	<glossdef><para>The systemd journal (journald.service) is a
centralized repository of log information. Use the <command>journalctl</
command> program to view this information.</para></glossdef>