Re: Fw: Re: broken links in the apt manual's area

Hi,

It has been long since I did this ...

On Mon, Nov 02, 2015 at 10:00:27PM +0100, Holger Wansing wrote:
> > debwww/cron/parts/7doc
>
> Ok. That's somewhat heavy for me, I fear.

OK.  Anyway, I created the current state.

> The not-working links pointed to
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-guide/apt-guide.de.txt
>
> and
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-offline/apt-offline.de.txt

Excuse me.  I am a bit confused and I need you to re-explain things to
me.  Which page are you looking at!

apt-guide is not listed in https://www.debian.org/doc/

I see it in English page as https://www.debian.org/doc/user-manuals

It only lists HTML pages.  (Maybe you can blame me for this.)

The German page does not even list apt-doc files.

Can you tell me where you find such links?  When I made these, I
followed what used to be. (Or I thought I did so.)

> but the files are now under
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-guide/guide.de.txt
>
> and
>
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-offline/offline.de.txt

Yah... not just German but all other languages.  I did not want to
change their file name.

Regards,

Osamu

PS: Your patch on the BTS seems to achieve what you wish.  But why do we
have to change it into what you suggest?  Is there any negatives?  (I am
neutral.  I am just asking this as question.)