Re: Newbie friendly security and firewall docs (cookbook?)

Andrei POPESCU wrote:
[CC-ing you since I don't know if you're subscribed to -doc]
I'm subscribed.

On Du, 05 oct 14, 14:01:56, Richard Owlett wrote:

I'm looking for a reference document that wouldn't scare my friend off
Debian and also give me the required information to:

Hi Richard,

In the context of -doc the only document I'm aware of is the Securing
Debian HOWTO.

I've attempted to digest it. It's too complete - e.g. it talks about securing features [web servers etc] that I do not believe should exist on a system used by my target audience [including myself].

While it will probably contain all the information you
require, but it's entirely possible it might scare your friend a bit.

It scares me ;/

However, it might help you ask the correct questions on -user ;)

Sometimes you don't know the right question until you learned enough to have most of the answer.

Thank you.