Re: [DDP Project] Ask privileges to traduce documentation

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 08:20:03PM +0100, Kilic Ali-Firat wrote:
> Hello !
>
> My name is Kilic Ali-Firat (Alioth login name : afk-guest), I'm a computer
> science student at Paris (University Paris 7 Denis Diderot).
>
> For a course to the University, I need to contribute to a free software
> project. As a debian user, I want to traduce in french some documentations,
> especially the java-faq.
>
> But I read that I need privileges to do this and so I'm sending a request
> to you. I hope that will be approve because I really want to contribute to
> the Debian project.
>
> Thanking you in advance,

Since you are CS student, please think not just translate but update
build script as a patch.

1. Read http://www.debian.org/doc/cvs
2. Install debiandoc-sgml subversion po4a

 $ svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/java-faq java-faq
 $ svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq debian-faq

Update java-faq to use po4a like debian-faq
Translate it in po file.

Send patch to mailing list.

This is much better since updating translation with new version is much
easier.

Osamu