Re: Newbie friendly security and firewall docs (cookbook?)

Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> writes:

> I have a minor problem with the page. It states "... updated to
> use the newer init system used now on Debian." Newer than what?
> Is this referring to a Debian release later than Lenny or is it
> requiring systemd? All I essentially know about init systems is
> that people either love or hate systemd. Will your script run on
> Squeeze and Wheezy?

I'm referring to dependency based boot sequencing[1] which was
introduced starting with Squeeze. It controls when services are started
at boot time. I'll add more info to my page when I have time.

So to cut a long story short it should work on both Squeeze and Wheezy.

1. More info here: https://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/ and here:
https://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts/DependencyBasedBoot