Re: CSS style for the documentation pages?

Hi Stéphane, adding the DDP list in CC, keeping the whole quote for
their benefit,

Le 20/04/2014 19:57, Stéphane Blondon a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> the css style of the www.debian.org website is not used on every page
> of the website. Some documentations are without styles:
>
> The FAQ:
> https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/
>
> The Installation Guide:
> https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/index.html.en
>
> (It's possible others pages are in the same case.)
>
> I didn't find information about that in
> https://www.debian.org/devel/website/todo.en.html or
> https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Webmaster/WebsiteDiscussion?action=show&redirect=DebianWebsiteDiscussion#Website_layout.
>
> I think it would be nice to include the main style on the FAQ and
> Installation Guide pages.
> Is someone plan to do it?
> Do you need some help? If yes, how can I help you?
>

> Please keep me in cc, I didn't subscribe to the debian-www mailing
> list. If I help, I will subscribe to it.

In December 2010, when we were working on the (back then) new layout,
Martin showed us a proof of concept for at least one of the
documentation (maybe the installation guide). Unfortunately, he doesn’t
seem to have kept a copy of his work in progress.

We agreed it would be an improvement to provide the new layout for the
documentation, but nobody managed to take care of it so far, so if
you’re up for it, it will certainly be welcome.

About how to implement it, it should probably be handled on a per
package/document basis, but since many of this documents use a similar
build system, once you done the work/PoC for one, it should be easy to
expand it to the others.

I’d recommend to first work on one of the DocBook-based document instead
of the DebianSGML-based ones since the latter are doomed to be converted
to the former format.

Regards

David