Re: ddp build failed: Debian Referencre pt translation

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 09:36:40PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> Le 29/02/2012 11:26, Osamu Aoki a écrit :
> > On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 01:10:01PM +0000, Debian Webmaster wrote:
> >> /srv/www.debian.org/ddp-svn/make.log-debian-reference.en.xml is 0% translated (0 of 10936 strings).
> >
> > ??? This is strange.
>
> Not that much:
>
> $ LANG=C msgfmt -v po4a/debian-reference.pt.po
> 0 translated messages.

I was getting

$ LANG=C msgfmt -v po4a/debian-reference.pt.po
7533 translated messages, 2 fuzzy translations.

> > I hope this is fixed by now.  The source build OK here.
>
> It didn't built for me (because of the faulty PO file). I fixed it with:
>
> $ make po4a/debian-reference.pt.po

I was testing build via "make html" or something which automatically
update PO.  (publish target uses BUILD_MODE=web)

> and now, it also builds fine for me, so I just committed the updated file.

Thanks.

> Miguel, since the PO file is used to build the online doc, please test
> that it still builds before committing any file, and please subscribe to
> the debian-doc list, so you can be aware of broken builds.

I do not know how he broke PO file. Next time, please at least build
html using "make html" then you get PO files to be formatted in the
standard wrapping too.  Some PO editor use different line folding.  This
is good thing to do :-)

> Regards
>
> David
>
> P.-S.: The po4a handling can now be done with a simple config file: a
> single po4a call allows to update the PO files and build the translated
> source files. I just provided such a config file for the developer's
> reference and would be happy to help documentation maintainers who wants
> to simplify this handling.

Yes, I always wanted to do this but this configuration file is a bit of
blackmagic... I will take a look at your new configuration....
interesting.
 Archive: [🔎] 4F4ED2A8.3070405@debian.org">http://lists.debian.org/[🔎] 4F4ED2A8.3070405@debian.org