Re: Please proof-read Debian 5.0 ("lenny") release notes

2009/1/26 W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org>:
> We don't
> want to make translators lives even harder, don't we?

Quite sincerely, after the reports I've seen in the BTS, as well as in
replies to this request which affect *content* and not *wording* it
really looks like the release notes are not ready for prime time and
that the call for translation updates should have been hold.
Translators are going to suffer *a*lot* because of this last minute
changes.

I am in the process of reviewing Lenny's release notes' translations
to Spanish and I have been quite surprised when I found that there are
many things in them which refer to a sarge -> etch release which are
not any more relevant in lenny.

Has anyone done test upgrades from one distribution to the other
(using different default installs: bare installation, desktop,
server..) to try to see which of the steps described in the release
notes is no longer relevant? I did many of those two years ago for the
etch release and reviewed the RN based on that experience. It looks
like this has not been done by any of the (current) editors of the
Release Notes.

Regards

Javier