Re: Using old Finnish translations from Etch Release Notes?

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:

I noticed the Release Notes have not changed that much, so I could use
the old translations to Finnish from Etch. I did that translation, but
could not translate Release Notes for Lenny, perhaps this is why the
Finnish translation is not in SVN, but is in
http://cvs.debian.org/debian-doc/ddp/manuals.sgml/release-notes/fi/

Am I going to cause lots of trouble if I msgmerge from the old
release-notes.fi.po to each of the new .po files? Should I use some
options for msgmerge?

When I did the Swedish rnotes I did a "manual" merge. Cross reading and copying the paragraphs that were the same or close to same. Doing a machine merge might work but I think it's a cause for more work than gain. Try it! If it works it could be valuable information for others in similar situations.

--
/brother
http://frakalendern.se