Question re Debian logo

Dear Debian people, I wonder if you could help me with when the Debian logo was created and where it came from...? and what it represents? Thanks Peter Hayes

Dr. Peter Hayes, Director, The Nautilus Institute for Security & Sustainability, Center for the Pacific Rim, University of San Francisco, 2130 Fulton Street LM200, San Francisco, CA 94117-1080 USA ph 1 415 422-5523 cell 1 510 7174439
Professor International Relations, Research and Innovation, Nautilus Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Melbourne Australia ph61 417 576836 peter@nautilus.org * http://www.nautilus.org skype: niatrmit