Spanish PDF works again (Was: Re: State of the release notes)

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 01:31:07PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting "Jens Seidel" <jensseidel@users.sf.net>:
>> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 12:26:50PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

a few mails were sent private so you will not find all references ...

>>> In any case, we talk here about the release notes for the CDs. There
>>> is no reason we cannot add translations for release notes on our web
>>
>> OK, I readded the link on the web page.
>>
>>> page. In fact, I would be happy to see many more translations as soon
>>> as possible. It's only a little bit late for the CDs!

> Could somebody look, why dblatex fails to build "es" on etch?

I fixed it. See the Subversion log for further info.

The problem seems again the hyperref LaTeX macro package which produces
an error. My workaround seem to work on Etch and Lenny (where it isn't
required).

The generated Spanish PDF will look a little bit different (links are
embedded into a box). I don't know how to fix this. The hyperref option
colorlinks doesn't work (tried via --param=latex.hyperparam=colorlinks
option to dblatex and via \def\hyperparam{colorlinks} in es/db2latex.sty)!?

Martin, a question: You use
[ -f $(@D)/ifxetex.sty ] || cp ifxetex.sty $(@D)/
to provide the file ifxetex.sty. This copies ifxetex.sty into es/ but
the build directory is in /tmp/!? How is this supposed to work?
I set the TEXINPUTS variables to use the new es/db2latex.sty wrapper.

> There is also the option to build "es" with xmlroff, which
> looks not as good as dblatex, but maybe is better than no PDF.

Current dblatex solution is not so ugly ...

>> I suggest you reenable ml in the Makefile if you think the status is
>> OK.

Did so already.

Jens