Bug#512690: [release-notes] Deprecated packages
On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:11:00AM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On 2009-01-22 12:46, Noah Meyerhans wrote:
> > The "Deprecated [server] packages" packages section in the release notes
> > is unchanged from etch. Is there a list anywhere of major server
> > packages that will be released with lenny but which are already
> > scheduled for removal for squeeze? The only example I can come up with
> > might be uw-imapd, which has apparently been just about completely
> > abandoned upstream, although there's no obvious choice for a replacement
> > yet.
> I removed the old entries and inserted uw-imapd.
Actually, all entries still apply, because there were deprecated with
Etch but still available in Etch !
Since we cannot ask users using deprecated packages in Etch (maybe at a
first Debian install) to first read the etch release-notes, I think we
should add back all these entries..
Not dummy packages available in etch but not in lenny:
- apache 1.3: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=apache
- bind 8: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=bind
- php4: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=php4
- postgresql 7.5.22: http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=postgresql
- exim3: http://packages.debian.org/etch/exim