Re: po4a --previous option in release-notes

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 03:02:52PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> Quoting Simon Paillard <simon.paillard@resel.enst-bretagne.fr>:
> > So please let updatepo in the hands of the translators..
>
> We could do it that way, but in the past most translators didn't
> do it (or forgot to do it or didn't even know how to do it). Not
> all translators are software developers; some just use po edit,
> but not make and friends. Any idea how to solve this problem?

(The following may be used for all docs in ddp)

1/ Add it to the headers of each po file:
"PLEASE REMEMBER TO RUN make LINGUA=$lang updatepo"

2/ Use podebconf-report-po after local updatepo run on a periodic basis.
   It will send people the updated po by mail and remind them the
   workflow.

3/ Display the ddp (po) freshness statistics on a web page

Once Lenny's work is over, I volonteer for that.

--
Simon Paillard
mirrors@debian.org