Re: RFH: manpages.debian.net outdated

Hi,

On Sun Jan 18, 2009 at 12:48:44 +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 11:44:08AM +0100, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> > Does it need a local mirror (on disk) or is a mirror on the same network
> > also suiteable?
>
> The manpage-extractor, which extracts the manual pages from packages is
> written with the supposition that you have a mirror in the local filesystem.
> It could be modified (or a new script could be written) to download the
> packages from an external mirror, but that is not currently an option.
>
> On the other hand, you don't need a mirror with all the architectures, one
> architecture (i386?) is sufficient to generate all the content. You will miss
> manpages that might be architecture-specific but that is not a big deal IMHO.

Currently speaking with other members of the DSA team if we might set it
up on gluck.debian.org. gluck has it's own mirror (over NFS though).

For further discussion you might catch me on IRC.

Greetings
Martin
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster