Re: Converting debian-doc CVS repo to SVN

On Tue, 04 Mar 2008, Jens Seidel wrote:
> It should be svn+ssh://username@svn.debian.org/... where username
> probably ends with -guest (at least for non Debian developer).

The recommended way to deal with differing usernames on both sides
is to use a ~/.ssh/config that indicates your username.

See http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH

> > Can somebody without ssh access check out the repository?
>
> Yep, this is possible. Just use the svn protocol instead of
> svn+ssh.

Indeed.

> > I don't have account on debian.org, unless someone would be able to
> > create me one.

svn.debian.org is alioth.debian.org, all DD have accounts and external
contributors can also have accounts (with a -guest suffix though).

See http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth and all the related pages in the wiki.

> To be honest I do also not know what password/ssh key to choose. Do all
> svn.debian.org projects share the same? It seems I selected initially
> the wrong one (and forgot as usual the -guest suffix of the username)
> and now it blocks me/times out for some minutes. Have to try later again ...

Yes you have a password/key for svn.debian.org (and alioth.debian.org and
all other VCS hosted there).

And yes Alioth is protected by fail2ban so if you fail to login 3 times
your IP is blocked for 10 minutes.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog