Re: Converting debian-doc CVS repo to SVN

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 09:30:58PM -0600, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 3:31 PM, Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Sat, 01 Mar 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > We have the full CVS history in the SVN repository:
> >  > http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/ddp/manuals/trunk/?rev=0&sc=0
> >
> >  Other details:
> >
> >  Getting a checkout (with write access) can be done with:
> >  $ svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/ddp/manuals/trunk manuals

It should be svn+ssh://username@svn.debian.org/... where username
probably ends with -guest (at least for non Debian developer).

> Can somebody without ssh access check out the repository?

Yep, this is possible. Just use the svn protocol instead of
svn+ssh.

> I don't have account on debian.org, unless someone would be able to
> create me one.

To be honest I do also not know what password/ssh key to choose. Do all
svn.debian.org projects share the same? It seems I selected initially
the wrong one (and forgot as usual the -guest suffix of the username)
and now it blocks me/times out for some minutes. Have to try later again ...

Jens