Re: should we recommend apt-get or aptitude?

Hi,

On 06/11/08 17:09, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
severe problems with it. Given that apt-get now supports the most
interesting features of aptitude as well, I would go for apt-get.
So far, nobody came up with an issue, where apt-get behaved worse
than aptitude for the etch-to-lenny upgrade. In both cases we
should recommend upgrading the tool itself first anyway.
I have experienced some upgrade to lenny where apt behaved better than aptitude.

Do we agree to replace aptitude by apt-get in the release-notes? If so, I will do the necessary for submitting a patch for that.

--
Giovanni