Re: should we recommend apt-get or aptitude?

Quoting Giovanni Rapagnani <rapagnani@gmail.com>:
> the release-notes writing needs a decision about this question.
>
> This is what somme DD's think about it:

I more or less never used aptitude in my life and don't remember
severe problems with it. Given that apt-get now supports the most
interesting features of aptitude as well, I would go for apt-get.
So far, nobody came up with an issue, where apt-get behaved worse
than aptitude for the etch-to-lenny upgrade. In both cases we
should recommend upgrading the tool itself first anyway.