Converting debian-doc CVS repo to SVN

Hello,

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 10:42:08PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > Can we organize the conversion of the whole ddp repository to SVN and be
> > done with CVS?
>
> I don't oppose.

So let's try once more to convert everything to SVN. I'm willing to handle
the conversion to SVN this weekend.

Thus please stop committing to the CVS and SVN repo or be prepared to
reinject your changes in the converted SVN repo that I'll prepare.

I'll use cvs2svn on the full CVS repository and then I'll use svnadmin
dump / svndumpfilter / svnadmin load to reintegrate the bits of history at
the place that we want.

Thus we should decide the structure of the SVN repository. I suggest

/manuals
  /trunk
    /developers-reference
    [...]
  /tags
    /developers-reference
      /3.3.7
      [...]
    [...]
  /branches
    [...]
  /obsolete
    [put obsolete manuals here]
/articles
/utils
/man-cgi
/manpages

Does that sound reasonable to everybody?

Note that this layout makes it easy to checkout all the manuals at once
and svn-buildpackage is able to cope with it (the perl group uses this
layout already).

Is the "manpages" CVS module still actively used?

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog