Re: Debian documentation in Tamil..

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 02:45:23PM +0530, ஆமாச்சு wrote:
> I am currently contributing to debian website translation into Tamil. I wish
> to extend it for documentation also. I am attaching herewith my first
> translation of the debian repository howto manual into Tamil.  Kindly commit
> the same.

Great! I committed it and added a reference to Tamil in
doc/devel-manuals.wml.

Please note that I could build the HTML file but it was completely
unreadable for me. So check the result once it is online (in 4 hours).

You should try to limit line lengths in text documents! 800 characters
per line are really to much! How do you want to read CVS diffs?
Read http://www.debian.org/devel/website/htmlediting for details.
Please send an updated patch which *only* address this and maybe further
patches for typo corrections ...

> I wish to apply for CVS access too. Please approve the same.

You could follow http://people.debian.org/~joey/misc/webwml.html for
DDP too but I suggest you continue sending patches for now. Patches are
really fast committed and we could also perform some additional tests
(does it build, ...).

PS: Note that many DDP documents are no longer maintained and
partely outdated. It is probably wrong trying to translate everything.

PS2: You did not find any errors in the English document? Not a single
typo, wrong content, ...?

Thanks again,
Jens