Re: Status of Debian GNU/Linux Dictionary- wiki to html

On Feb 1, 2008 3:48 PM, Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 01, 2008 at 03:37:29PM -0600, Lukasz Szybalski wrote:
> > >
> > > Since now wiki server has been updated, it is quite trivial to make XML
> > > data from the wiki page.
> > >
> > > Once you can get XML data off Wiki host, making formatted output is
> > > possible.
> > >
> > > You may want to check what I do here:
> > >   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianReference
> > >
> > > The generated html contains xref and index.
> > >
> > wow, nice...
> >
> > What is the program you are using to convert the docbook xml from wiki
> > to html? Link?
>
> It is all there :
>  http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/
>
> Especially:
>  http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/Makefile
>  http://people.debian.org/~osamu/pub/getwiki/wiki/Makefile
>
> I just do "make go" or "make soft" depending on how much I changed wiki
> page.

Could you elaborate a little on the folder structure and general what
file calls what?
You have 2 make files getwiki/Makefile, getwiki/wiki/Makefile What
other files are needed to run your program.

If one wanted to use a different wiki, or different part of debian
wiki what files would required a change? (assuming that I would keep
the style the same)

Thanks,
Lucas

Vehicle Information Number. Check for Authentic VIN
http://lucasmanual.com/vin
TurboGears from start to finish:
http://www.lucasmanual.com/mywiki/TurboGears