Re: Switching from CVS to something else

On Sun, Aug 19, 2007 at 02:28:47PM +0200, Martin Zobel-Helas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> actually, i don't see any reason why we should move away from CVS.

At least, it is much faster to play with repository via slow network
with Subversion than with CVS in my experience.  (git may be even
faster.) Subversion keeps downloaded files in its local cache.  So diff
can be checked real quickly.  ---  I understand that the benefit is
marginal.

I think whoever makes effort to the move gets the choice of VCS.

Important thing is moving away from cvs.debian.org to streamline Debian
service.

Osamu