Re: romanian translation for etch release notes

În data de Lu, 12-02-2007 la 08:45 +0100, Jens Seidel a scris:

> > I want to ask if it is ok to encode release-notes.ro.sgml using utf-8
> > instead of iso8859-2?
>
> No, sorry. Please restrict to iso8859-2.
>
> Do you want to use UTF-8 characters not available in iso8859-2?
> If not it is completely OK to work in UTF-8 for now and to let me commit
> the recoded file later in iso8859-2 ...

I would like to use the romanian quotes „”, and they are availible only
in utf-8, but they are not mandatory, if there is a problem with utf-8
encoding then i will not use it.

I noticed another problem:
things like
	<ref id="upgrade-to-2.6">.</p>
translate to something like
	‘Actualizarea la un nucleu 2.6’ on page 24.
„on page 24” is in english. i could translate these as well but I don't
know where to go (i think it has something to do with sgml DTD or
templates).

I managed to finish the translation (but i think the english version is
not finished yet). a preview is availible at
http://alioth.debian.org/~ieugen-guest/

I will send the source to this list when it's completly finished (it's
in QA now).

bye
--
stan ioan-eugen <stan.ieugen@gmail.com>