Re: documentation for novice and newbies

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:28:56 -0500
Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 08:09:39PM +0200, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:05:27 -0500
> > Douglas Allan Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca> wrote:
> > > On Wed, Feb 07, 2007 at 10:46:47AM -0500, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com
>
> > We could start a project on alioth. We can setup a repository,
> > mailinglist, and also webpages (wiki or not).
> >
> Andrei
>
> I just went and looked at this for the first time.  Neat.  It looks
> exactly what we're looking for.
>
> I need to look around further at alioth but I _think_ that we first
> need to register a project.  I don't know how easy it is to change the
> project name later, so I assume its a done deal once done.  If this is
> the case, can we focus on this first?  I vote for:
>
> 	Debian for Newbies and Novices

I find this to be a bit long. Suitable rather for a short description
(and we don't need to say Debian, alioth is all about Debian) and it
doesn't say anything about the main purpuse: documentation. "newbiedoc"
is a good name, I wonder if we could use it/move the project to alioth?
We could also transfer the existing content under a special section.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)