Re: Debian policy manual CVS address?

* Mon 2007-12-03 Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org>
>> Could you confirm that the Arch repository is the correct location?
>>     baz register-archive http://arch.debian.org/arch/dbnpolicy/lenny/
>> Is this correct?
>
>         Yes.

Ok.

>> A wishlist: Could git be considered instead of baz, because git's
>> development seems to advance fast and it would be more easy to use
>> (just one "clone" command to get archive).
>

>  rapid development is not necessarily a positive; as long as a tool
>  ...Arch is in maintainence mode, and
>  security flaws would tend to get fixed, so it is not as if it is
>  abandoned upstream.
>

>  I am waiting for sub projects [support in git]...
>  independent repositories into a single package...
>
>  It takes me about 6 months to get comfortable with a new VCS...

That subproject support is now in git.

The reason why I asked was that I found it a bit strange to switch to
arch, which has log been superceded by the more recent DVCS programs
(darcs, bzr, hr, git). Judging from the rapid growth of the git being
used e.g. for Debian packaging projects, the git seems to be a good
candidate.

The git command line UI is not necessarily bet yet, but the
documentation and features really excel in many areas. It's more easier
also to get git support than arch nowadays.

Jari

-- Welcome to FOSS revolution: we fix and modify until it shines